Friday, March 12, 2010

A Father So True




As I sat gently on the sandy beach
I enjoyed the lovely ambiance
Th breeze was friendly and cool
The skies well lit and blue
The horizon as certain as ever

My mind was filled with wonder
I then begin to ponder
Over the great deeds of of my maker
Only then was I hit by reality-

He had always been my father
When I was so frail and innocent
And exposed to life's harsh elements
He kept me under the shadows of His wings
To Him all my burdens I would bring
I could leave them in His presence
For He was sure to replace them with His blessings
I ran to Him whenever I was in fear
He always made me know that he was near

I have gone through life year after year
Yet have I found no one so dear
Whenever I felt lonely and in despair
Whenever I said life was just not fair
Whenever in my closet I would share a tear
When there was no one with whom my pain to share
He would always remind of something about which to cheer
And envelope me in His gentle love and care

I sometime felt dejected
My efforts were disregarded
Many times I felt frustrated
But He granted Grace in my weakness
And filled my spirit with meekness

He taught me the value of purity
And the true essence of sincerity
And decorated my life dignity
So I would be a true Gift to humanity



A poem written by Julius Ampofo and dedicated
to Gifty Pearl

1 comment:

  1. Julius, what a nice poem.... Gifty is very blessed to have your friendship

    ReplyDelete